CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, March 9, 2009

Ham Glaze

8-10 lb fully cooked, bone in ham.
1 1/4 c. Brown Sugar
1/3 c. Pineapple Juice
1/3 c. Honey
1/3 c. Orange Juice
2 Tb. Dijon Mustard

Combine all ingredients except the ham in a saucepan. Bring to a boil, reduce heat, and allow to simmer for 10 minutes.

Preheat oven to 325. Place ham in roasting pan. To keep ham from drying out I wrapped it in tinfoil, making a "tent" on the top. Cook ham for 2 hours, remove from oven, baste with the sauce. Return to oven and continue basting every 10 minutes for the next 30-45 minutes.

*When I made this I doubled the sauce. I made one batch that I poured over the ham when I first put it in the oven. I then made another batch to baste with during the last hour of cooking. I used the remainder as a sauce to dip the ham in.

I also cooked the ham longer at a lower temperature to help it from drying out.

0 comments: